Polar Bear Plunge breaks records | Community Spirit
The 2013 Polar Bear Plunge at Scales Lake in Boonville was a record breaker. This benefits the Special Olympics of Indiana. What a tremendous honor to emcee this event for the last 10-years…and the support continues to grow each year. I remember the first few years…there were only 10-15 plungers.
The 2013 numbers are in…a record 200 plungers raised $72,950.51 Last year…over $25,000 was raised with around 115 plungers.
Kudos to Keith Shelton who raised over $30,000 by himself. Keith is a first time plunger but has been volunteering with the Special Olympics for over 30-years. He raised the money in just six weeks.
Top Warrick County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Busy east side Evansville road getting sign change
- Meth suspect found hiding in trash can in someone's garage
- Hungry? You'll be able to eat at a new East Side deli soon
- Evansville man accused of having several hundred images of child pornography
- Teachers combine for book to help kids be environmentally conscious
- Illinois House approves gun plan opposed by governor
- State treasurer asks Illinois residents for help finding owners of forgotten military medals
- Wabash County unemployment down significantly from '12; mixed results elsewhere
- Lt. Gov. encourages new 6th-12th grade math courses
- Rainbows in southern Illinois