Geese force early closure of city parks | Environment
Boonville’s parks have closed a little earlier in the summer than they normally do thanks to a goose problem.
The parks normally close on Labor Day but Mayor Pam Hendrickson tells 14 News that the abnormally large population of geese in the area has created a mess.
The decision to close the parks wasn’t popular with some residents but the potential cost of cleaning the city’s water filtration system forced action.
Hendrickson says shooting the geese isn’t an option because they are in a city park.
Top Warrick County Stories
Upcoming Events near Warrick County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fracking bill becomes law in Illinois; Quinn predicts jobs potential
- Mt. Carmel looking for Independence Day parade entries
- Thunderstorms, flooding possible in southern IL
- Governor Quinn announces $135,000 for bridge replacement project in Edwards County
- State Police: Truck flips multiple times on IL 15