Historic Newburgh ghost walks | Events
Once again Historic Downtown Newburgh will get a bit spooky with the annual Historic Newburgh Ghost Walks.
The Ghost Walks, sponsored by Historic Newburgh Inc., are entering their eighteenth year, and will run Friday, October 21nd, 6:30pm-9pm; Saturday, October 22rd, 5pm-9pm; and Sunday, October 23th, 5pm-8:30pm.
Participants on the Ghost Walks can choose between two different haunted tours.
On the Water Street tour, attendees will learn of mining and river lore, mayhem, mystery, and the Underground Railroad! The State Street tour focuses on Newburgh history, Civil War tales, thrills, and bedlam! Both tours offer their share of historical murder, mayhem, and mysteries.
The guided walking tours depart every 15 minutes from Preservation Hall (200 State Street) and each tour lasts about an hour. Comfortable shoes are recommended for those participating.
Advance tickets are on sale now. Advance tickets are $7/adults and $4/children ages 4-12. After October 20th tickets will be $9/adults and $5/children ages 4-12.
Top Warrick County Stories
Upcoming Events near Warrick County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Funding cuts could put an end to river gauge readings on one tri-state river
- Fundraiser planned to help southern IL man battling cancer
- Fracking bill becomes law in Illinois; Quinn predicts jobs potential
- Mt. Carmel looking for Independence Day parade entries
- Thunderstorms, flooding possible in southern IL