Polar Bear Plunge should see decent weather | Events
February is not the best time to jump in the lake. However, not too bad this year for the Polar Bear Plunge this coming Saturday at Scales Lake in Boonville. This benefits the Special Olympics of Indiana.
Temperatures on Saturday at jump time will be in the mid to upper 40s under partly cloudy skies. The mild temps all week long have helped warmed up Scales Lake....a little.
However, back in 2009...right after the ice storm...holes had to be cut in the ice before the event could take place. Highs were only in the 20s that year.
I look forward to emceeing this event again...on the beach.
Top Warrick County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Busy east side Evansville road getting sign change
- Meth suspect found hiding in trash can in someone's garage
- Hungry? You'll be able to eat at a new East Side deli soon
- Evansville man accused of having several hundred images of child pornography
- Teachers combine for book to help kids be environmentally conscious
- Illinois House approves gun plan opposed by governor
- State treasurer asks Illinois residents for help finding owners of forgotten military medals
- Wabash County unemployment down significantly from '12; mixed results elsewhere
- Lt. Gov. encourages new 6th-12th grade math courses
- Rainbows in southern Illinois