Boonville working to demolish eyesores | News
It's taking awhile, but the ffort to tear down a building near the Boonville Sav-U-More IGA on Walnut Street is on the way out. The roof is caving in the structure but demolition has been stalled by the property owner's insurance company according to Mayor Pam Hendrickson.
Hendrickson also told Warrick Publishing that the city is also working to tear down the building at the corner of Second and Locust streets and recently purchased the home at S. Third and Moore streets with the intention of demolishing it.
"We don’t want people to come to our city and say, ‘Welcome to Boonville. Here’s two buildings that are about ready to collapse'," Hendrickson said. "So, as soon as we can get things in order to have them demolished, we’re working towards that. It’s something that’s time-consuming and doesn’t happen overnight.”
Top Warrick County Stories
Upcoming Events near Warrick County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fracking bill becomes law in Illinois; Quinn predicts jobs potential
- Mt. Carmel looking for Independence Day parade entries
- Thunderstorms, flooding possible in southern IL
- Governor Quinn announces $135,000 for bridge replacement project in Edwards County
- State Police: Truck flips multiple times on IL 15