Local daycare evacuated due to gas leak | News
NEWBURGH, IN (WFIE)- A Warrick County daycare was evacuated this morning because of a gas leak.
A worker at Turtle Town Daycare on Telephone Road in Newburgh says 14 children, ranging from two to four years old, were taken to another daycare just down the road.
We're told Vectren and fire crews were able to shut off gas to daycare. Officials say they still haven't determined a cause of the gas leak.
Fire officials did determine very quickly was that the levels of gas in the home daycare were extremely high and had reached the "lower explosive limit."
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top Warrick County Stories
Upcoming Events near Warrick County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fracking bill becomes law in Illinois; Quinn predicts jobs potential
- Mt. Carmel looking for Independence Day parade entries
- Thunderstorms, flooding possible in southern IL
- Governor Quinn announces $135,000 for bridge replacement project in Edwards County
- State Police: Truck flips multiple times on IL 15