Accused child beater may have chosen the wrong hiding place | News
WARRICK CO., IN (WFIE)- A man wanted in Warrick County for the alleged beating of three people apparently picked the wrong hiding place.
Deputies say Jerry Porter, on the run from authorities, hid in the trunk of his car. The car was then towed away.
We're told he fell asleep and later woke up when the car was in the tow yard.
Once out of the trunk, he called the Sheriff's office from the tow yard and told them that he knew they were looking for him, but said he didn't know why because he had just woken up.
Porter is accused of beating three people, including a two-year-old child.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved
Top Warrick County Stories
Upcoming Events near Warrick County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fracking bill becomes law in Illinois; Quinn predicts jobs potential
- Mt. Carmel looking for Independence Day parade entries
- Thunderstorms, flooding possible in southern IL
- Governor Quinn announces $135,000 for bridge replacement project in Edwards County
- State Police: Truck flips multiple times on IL 15