Oak Grove Road to close east of 261 | Transportation
Oak Grove Road will close at State Road 261 beginning Thursday, July 5. Casey Road at Oak Grove Road will also be closed. These closures are required for the reconstruction of S.R. 261 and realignment of intersection.
Crews will begin work at approximately 7:00 a.m. local time and the roadway will remain closed through mid-August, weather permitting.
The $12.1 million dollar project includes upgrading S.R. 261 from three to five lanes (2 lanes in each direction with a center turn lane) from State Road 66 to Fuquay Road. From Fuquay, the roadway will be upgraded to three lanes (one lane in each direction with a center turn lane) to Old Plank Road.
The roadway will then continue north as two lanes to Jenner Road and will have a dedicated turn lane into the Lake Ridge Subdivision with improved shoulders.
The work also includes realignment of the Fuquay intersection with S.R. 261, sight distance improvements and a new stop light at the intersection of S.R. 261 and Peachwood Drive.
The overall completion date for the project is April of 2014.
Top Warrick County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Meth suspect found hiding in trash can in someone's garage
- Hungry? You'll be able to eat at a new East Side deli soon
- Evansville man accused of having several hundred images of child pornography
- Teachers combine for book to help kids be environmentally conscious
- Sweet Bettys Bakery opening on East Virginia Street next week